View Single Post
Unread 2 Sep 2007, 19:08   #1
Phil M

Phil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the rough
Unreliable NetGamers

Any chance of evaluating the partnership with NetGamers? I'm starting to get fed up of this network.

Fairly regular problems with P. The last downtime for P and the NetGamers website lasted about 5 days in total, leaving people unable to login. Luckily the last time wasn't during a round, but there have been quite a few occasions where it has been. Can't they sort out backup plans as an alternative for when P goes down? A read only copy would be sufficient in the event of downtime.

Unreliable DNS. Hardly surprising given that all 3 DNS servers are hosted at the same ISP. NS1/NS3 are on the same network and are working for now, NS2 is currently dead and not answering requests. So if Secnet has problems then chances are nobody will be able to connect to NetGamers, even though it has multiple servers across the world.

Current problems with nickname registration. It's the start of a round and apparently CService are having problems sending out emails to confirm registration. This is not what you want at the start of a Planetarion round.

NetGamers gets exclusive usage from Planetarion as a partner, I currently don't feel they're worthy of this. It isn't a reliable network as it currently stands. There are over 2,000 users which rely on NetGamers, I don't expect a perfect service but I do expect something reasonably reliable.

Either NetGamers needs to improve or Planetarion should look for another partner network.
Phil M is offline   Reply With Quote