View Single Post
Unread 30 Mar 2016, 14:34   #44
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: R67 Shipstats proposals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintao View Post
[*]Intelligent damage can be enabled: Today even if all harpy ships are dead, damage will continue to go to harpies or it can be toggled to be reused against other ships in the same target class.
I am failing to understand this. Under what circumstances at the moment do harpies continue taking damage even after they are dead?
Do you mean a ship with high damage can only kill 1 ship as it only has one gun, even if the damage it deals could in theory kill large numbers of ships? I can see this would make a big difference if there were ever to be a battleship kill ship targeting fi or co. Been a long time since there have been any. While this seems logical I am pretty sure it is not what happens today... 4k clippers this round can kill a lot more than 4k harpies (9037 according to calc) despite their only having a gun each.
Or do you mean something along the lines of what we had with terran and etd a few rounds back where there is a big gap in the armour between the two? It was possible for the low armour fleet in a teamup to be wiped out and a good chunk of the high armour one survive. If this is the case then the harpy has to be just about the worst possible example as it is regularly one of the highest armored ships in the game in comparison to its cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintao View Post
[*]Weapon speed and agility are still in the combat engine from the pre 10 rounds and can be rused
Perhaps you should remind people how these work... I for sure played these rounds but cant say I remember!

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 30 Mar 2016 at 14:41.