View Single Post
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 18:30   #87
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replace the incompetent MH staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
Light, I stopped being an MH for some rounds now, so i'm not fully up to date. When i left, MH department was busy with trying to make the warning/closure system better and less harsh. The disabling of changing fleet names and such was just one such measure that was being taken. I would not know how the current situation is, as now im just a normal player, and am NOT kept into the loop. And thats how it should be :-)
but isnt that the thing? I know MH cant comment on individual cases but what they can comment on is procedures used on those types of cases and what they're planning on doing each round with those procedures.

Why havent the 'normal players' been kept in the loop with what the MH are intending to do? and there current ETA of when they expect to get the new/better procedures put in place?

Quote:
By the way, i would like to stress the point about MH hitting a brick wall with the community of players; whenver MH discussed a case in public, or with a number of involved people, nothing ever could convince lpayers that MH was right, no matter what was said, or shown as proof. MH was always wrong, and players always claimed to be right. In the past MHs used to reply, but always got flamed at, without seriously being listened to. That might be a reason for MH dept. not to be too happy about posting on threads: they only get flamed at.
It seems to be a problem that the Community is fighting the MH and the MH is fighting the community. When they should be working together, as were not a huge game, we've got afew hundred active IRC players (and alot less active forum posters) where we all dont want cheating or other things. The main divide is that the MH constantly overstep on what they do, instead of just ensuring fairplay and no cheating, they start closing people for trivial reasons.

We have in place now methods to remove the ability for planets to rename there fleets and other things. So there is absolutly no reason to close a planet for that anymore, as you can just remove there ability to rename them (or incase of planets, just rename the planet). Hell, they could implement a zero tolerance with it, where even the slightly offensive names could mean 'no more renaming' for that planet and it would be ALOT better than the current system, as at least they can still play.

I'll quote JBG from a previous MH thread:
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Someone needs to stop the multihunters from pretending that they need to deal with this stuff. Find something useful to ****ing do for the love of god.
Multihunters shouldnt be wasting there time with this trivial stuff and shouldnt be closing people for it. Its custom names ffs, its hardly a huge gameplay issue and its hardly providing a planet an unfair advantage.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote