View Single Post
Unread 11 Aug 2006, 14:06   #224
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Congratulations eXilition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
No, our smaller planets are not the only ones which stay up late, but when target pick occurs at around 4am, most people (especially larger planets of more experienced members) have already selected a target by themselves through whatever selection process.

Not all of these members have arbiter access.

I did not dispute that we didn't bring our whole military to bear on exiltion immediately, my point is that 1ups response was swift, and in my opinion, a huge over reaction.
If you were having problems TPing, all you had to do was provide your members with a list of Exi and say "If there's no organised raid" hit some of these - and DON'T hit anyone else. But then none of your top planets would have been able to atatck - as they had planet naps with Exi.

The original excuse from whoever in Subh was "we couldn't hit the high deflector ones as we only had a medium-amp scanner on". Would be fair enough - except I'm not a scanner at all and had already managed to scan 2/3 of your targets (booked by your HC at about 20:00) myself. Only one of them had ANY incs - and that wasn't from Subh.

That night there were more fleets sent to Exi on DEFENCE from Subh than on attack. Small wonder we'd rather be attacking you than cooperating with you.

As I said in my pa-mail sent to all 1up members:

"Congrats are due to Exi for winning, and to Subh for being the crappest alliance ever to appear near the top of the rankings.

All that remains for us now is to ensure Subh get what they deserve out of this round - i.e. as little as possible."