View Single Post
Unread 19 Jan 2010, 00:52   #17
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future
Re: Dear zPeti - the response

Quote:
Originally Posted by zPeti View Post
I also want to be honest, and most of my efforts right now are on finishing another game
It would be nice if people were slightly more understanding about the position I am in
You openly admit PA is not your main priority, how do you expect any kind of positive response?

Quote:
The very people who are requesting lots and lots of changes shout down any major changes that I have recommended.
Game design is not a democratic process. You need people with good understanding of mechanics (Theam mentioned a few) and you need a vision for the game.

Quote:
I do not really understand why you cannot enjoy the current game and wait for what I am developing
Because you promised changes, and after an initial good start with the new skin, you have delivered nothing. You're quiet, you do not communicate with your community. You give us no reason to hold any hope, and you admit that PA is not your priority.

Fair enough, you say in a few weeks you will make PA your priority. When you do that, I hope you will communicate better, let us know what you're thinking, let us know what you're doing. But that does not mean you make game design a democratic process, or in fact anything that can be influenced by the megalomaniacs that live in #alliances.

Quote:
btw, the new game will have elements of the current PA, mixed in with some Battlestar Galactica elements
What does this even mean? You're comparing a TV program to a text based game, you couldn't get any more opposite! (Edit: I don't mean to say this is a bad thing, it's just a really odd thing to say - a bizarre comparison, more details, more communication please! )

Quote:
And lastly, PA Team have quite a few ideas for making the 10th anniversary special, which I am fully in support of, so there will be quite a lot of changes next round.
The reason the community is so depressed with the state of affairs, and disappointed/angry with you is the lack of communication. This kind of thing is a good idea (hardly the saviour of PA though) and would certainly brighten up a few people's outlook on the future. Communicate with your paying customers.

Last edited by ellonweb; 19 Jan 2010 at 02:11.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote