Thread: Stats for r60
View Single Post
Unread 5 Dec 2014, 10:53   #44
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: Stats for r60

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
I don't think these stats are too bad, but I'm worried about them from a "how the universe is going to shape up" kind of way.

When you have so many races with viable fi/co class roidships I can almost guarantee you that alliances are going to choose an fico strategy whether they want to or not. Some of the other classes (BS f.ex) might look good on paper, but when it comes down to it alliance HCs will demand their members focus on fico to help as allydef and gradually the round will become fico-centric.

I'm not really too worried about fi class fleets, my bigger worry is co class and I fear that this round could easily end up like my r56 stats-set round did.
Well R56 was a round that was decided by politics.
I would hardly use the stats as an excuse why the top10 was so cath heavy.
But looking back it from my point of view, two alliances went for full CO, that was FAnG and Faceless, both their strats failed misreably for one reason.
They kept attacking a tag that went CR for basicly the whole round, wich meant their fleet combo was not very good vs this certain tag.
Spores tactic was that some was to go for cath, because their EMP would be crucial in def, and the rest was to go for the FR combo.
Ofc CO had a lot easier landing the alliances they were fighting/roiding, so they ended higher up in the ranking.

Now certain HCs realy dont want to go for a FI/CO strats because it can often be very difficult to defend With, and they would rather go for the slow and steady approach With Capital hulls or frigates/destroyers.
The original of my stats were R51, http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=4&round=51 .
It was only two alliances going for the full CO choice, that was ODDR and MegaRock.
FAnG/ND(?) were CR/BS heavy iirc, CT DE iirc, and TGV/Apprime were FR heavy iirc.
The reason why i decided to build on those rounds stats was because i enjoyed playing CO as a "lesser" tag, and because the race spread was pretty awesome, and the round wasnt decided on shitty stats.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote