View Single Post
Unread 27 Oct 2010, 23:04   #28
KoeN
Lucky

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
Re: Planetarion - Put an Axe through it

agreeing with the first and second poster. this round i decided to give pa a try again. after R10 i quit because i thought the new game was insanely crap. now i found out that it's possible to ruin things even more.

i'm not sure what the intention of creators is with covert ops/population/economic settings/loads of constructions, but it surely doesn't add any extra dimension to the game. it all just became unnecessery complex. in fact, i still don't even know what i'm supposed to play for: value or score. why is value/score even there? and what the hell does xp contribute to?

what i used to like about this game was the real-time aspect: ie trying to launch as close as possible to the tick, setting the alarm because you need to recall a fleet or oversleeping for it etc. this is all gone now. i can preset pretty much everything and even put a C/R in queue. how is this rewarding activity?

also (and i realise this is much less important), i miss the good old red/green lights when having incomings. what i see now is a bold/underlined piece of text, somewhere in the middle of nowhere on my screen.

in conclusion, i think the codemonkeys that somewhere in the process were appointed as replacement of the old crew, coded all the fun out of the game with their intense desire to control everything.

what you want is a basic, simplistic game that puts all tactics 'outside' of it, offering a maximum amount of possibilities for people to become creative in order to win. for this reason, you don't want to control alliances ingame, for example.

so far my rant. i don't really care what you do with it because to be honest i'm pretty sure i won't try another round ever again. eagerly waiting for spinner's new game.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote