View Single Post
Unread 3 Nov 2007, 17:41   #152
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: OiNK closed down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Even with conservative figures for hosting and bandwidth, he was making a loss. Remember he was working a full time job as well.
What kind of webhosting/bandwidth costs ~£100,000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
stop using this argument because you kee ignoring the fact that he didn't actually make a profit (or even close to one afaik), bbc and pretty much every news site apart from the guardian have basically been stating complete and utter lies about this (and generally anything to do with oink)
Where is this evidence that the bbc was "lying"? You tell me that my sources are mistaken, yet don't counter my argument with any sources of your own except "yeah yours are wrong, even well known/respectable news sources".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
whenever I've spoken to someone from a non-major label band after a gig they've been delighted - genuinely - that filesharing is getting their name out because most musicians want everyone to hear their music first and to make money from it second.
Right... well I'm very happy for them. Great story

The thing is that some (lots/few/many/a couple/irrelevant quantity) of bands/artists DON'T like their music being spread around for free. It's fine if you're just some high school band who have jobs/studies alongside (not that I'm saying these are the kind of chaps you'd be speaking to at your concerts... of course...), but if your primary income come from your music, they probably would prefer to make SOME money from it - I know I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
This isnt the brilliantly argued argument-defeating point i would have liked to make but TK you are being so self-righteous and smug here it is causing physical discomfort