View Single Post
Unread 8 Jul 2018, 22:58   #36
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: Remove EXP or nerf it to oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
That supposes that XP increases more than value, as the number of roids in the universe increases. I don't believe that is the case. If we all had 10 times as many roids, wouldn't we all get 10 times as much XP and 10 times as much value? I see no mechanism that would result in us getting more than 10 times as much XP out of 10 times as many roids.
Well I wasn't in any way trying to say that quests were the issue in isolation; ultimately its always going to turn on how easy it is to land due to stats, you can tweak xp or mc formulas all you like if you cant land you wont have an xp round!
Nevertheless, there was a reason xp was raised and value didnt get raised in proportion and that is that roid numbers outstripped HCT research hugely; I saw multiple people who missed out on the equivalent of half their income or more.
That may also have psychologically contributed to xping culture too, if you cant mine them you dont care about losing them, encouraging the easy come easy go, dont defend attitude in the early round that would then persist.