View Single Post
Unread 7 Jul 2018, 23:46   #28
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Remove EXP or nerf it to oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvold View Post
Hate to comment, but this was just a stupid not to respond to. You say you want xp to be score based, when it's today both score and value? And when you propose a formula you just include value?

The asteroid of x shit makes no sense. and i'm pretty sure asteroid/total asteroid would be around 20-25%
He's quoting the formula from the manual. The current formula, as he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvold View Post
I've chatted with jintao quite a few times, and i think some of the problem is the "balanced" stats. I call them paper rock scissor stats. So everyone want to land clean, every race should be open to same amount of classes etc. If we had a really inovative statmaker trying to balance with effs, AC, DC etc instead of init and it was allowed i think we might see more interesting rounds. I also think the xp formula could be up for a redo. I'm not thinking change the multipliers or integers, but find a way to reward combat.

Value rounds is boring cause you need a gangbang to land, xp rounds cause you just build attack ships. It's a war game, reward combat!
It is a war game, but any responsible general will tell you they'd rather take on smaller, weaker armies than big strong ones. You don't attack the Maginot Line, you go through Belgium. PA is the same. It rewards bringing overwhelming force so that your targets don't want to fight you, both on the level of planet vs. planet and that of alliance vs. alliance. Newbie farming and 5v1 alliance wars are not excesses, perpetrated by uniquely evil people ruining our fun. They're what the game has been designed to result in, intentionally or not. Mechanisms like the bash limit, progressive roid cap formula and XP have been introduced to counter the greatest pathologies, but at its core, the game hasn't moved away from its original premise, merely smoothed some of the sharpest edges.

Value is what allows you to cap roids, hold them, and help your friends hold theirs. Any time you give up a significant amount of it, even if you make all of it back in XP, not only do you sacrifice your current score, you reduce your future growth rate. Since you can't use value you don't have (you can't go into debt), preserving what little you've accumulated is of paramount importance. There are only a few circumstances in which this isn't true. I can think of 3: when your growth is mostly fueled by other means (during hard XP rounds), when there's little value to lose (at the start of the round), and when there is no 'future' left in which to grow (at the very end of the round).

You suggest that stats with many ships on the same init, balanced using AC/DC instead, will lead to more fighting, but it won't. It will just lead to more risk-aversion: initing, hitting downwards, gangbangs, teamups. It's the same thing that has happened in rounds with overly defensive stats.

Personally, I do not believe there is a solution. This problem can't be 'fixed' while still preserving the game such that it's recognizable to the current player base. PA is like Monopoly in a lot of ways: not designed to be fun. And yet, here we are.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 8 Jul 2018 at 00:26.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote