View Single Post
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 16:28   #18
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: two additional ship types

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I'm a bit confused. You've changed your mind about what the flagship's basic idea or premise is, about 3 times.

Is it so they have more armour? Or so they can kill a % of the ships they attack? Or so they enhance the rest of the fleet they're travelling with? Or are they for the alliance?

Before making suggestions, you should be clear in your head what the idea is that you're trying to propose.
I'm taking the basic idea, and discussing changes, when people object.
Would the flagship have more armour? Yes, possibly.
Would the Flagship have some sort of firepower or ability. Yes. Possibly.
Would the flagship have no ability, but rather bring an attack modifier or something instead. Possibly.

If the flagship idea sucks at planet/fleet level, maybe it could be an alliance level. I suggested that in response to the bitching about it not fitting the combat engine. That would mean some new piece of code would be needed (or something).

The problem with 'fixed' ideas, and I mean no offense, is they may not work with the game or combat or code engines. Thus, annoying for you, I'll pose possible things with the basic idea, and make weird changes as I go, and annoying though that is, you'll have to live with it.