View Single Post
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 21:55   #10
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: two additional ship types

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmV0rl0n
I really don't know where you got some of the above. I only suggested a couple of changes, like 2x the firepower, or 2x the armour. The ships could die if you use the chassis type, or go the stealing via marine carriers.

In terms of amplification of the race abilities, it was only an idea. I did say sliding scale, so in small battles, the Flagship might help, in larger ones it becomes less important in the outcome.

The stealing the flagship and getting a reward could be a lot of fun.
Don't let their bullying discourage you. You may or may not have a good idea here, but throwing the idea out here is the important part. Some other things to think about: your last post about percentage kills is probably a poor route to go. However having them be super powerful has some merit, as long as they can be countered effectively under some circumstances. I'm not sure it would be a good idea to have them be stealable, it could just make things too messy. Maybe there is some other creative way they could interact with the rest of the fleets, maybe provide defensive or offensive bonuses to other ships in the fleet or something? Think about it and make a suggestion.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote