Thread: Round 61 stats
View Single Post
Unread 22 Feb 2015, 20:27   #42
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Round 61 stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
It's a mistake to only count fleets that have no counters at all as 'viable solo fleets'. If that was the criterium, then only unstoppable fleets would be acceptable, which hardly makes for a dynamic game.

PA roiding is and always has been a matter of exhausting your target's defense, not about finding some mythical fleet combo that lands even if your target has an infinite amount of support.

Once your target's defense has been exhausted, only the home fleet needs to be countered, and there are plenty of roiding fleets in this set of stats that certain races have no viable counter against. A selection: Ter Co vs Xan, Ter Cr vs Ter, Cat Co vs Xan, Cat Bs vs Zik, Xan Fr vs Etd, Xan Cr vs Ter, Zik Bs vs Cat, Etd Fi vs Cat, Etd De vs Zik
I find this way of thinking a bit limited if not lazy, there has been rounds where it is possible to fake meta classes and still land on defence because it was the wrong type (R17 I stole over 10k roids because I could fake ter de as bs. In R42 I could fake zik de as cr on xan which help got me a good finish and in the top gal.) In theory you could fake cath de as bs and xan fr as cr but your targets would have to have particular fleet compositions. (The ship cost differences between the meta classes are quite different verus the 2 rounds Ive suggested)

I have found that alliances have been stuck in a routine of target picking at 7-9pm, prelaunch and hope for the best. In the past I have arranged fakes on raids to def drain the targets alliances but I found unless you have some sort of reward system like an attack point (I.E ND) you don't get many volunteers.

I do recall CT in R40 were inventive on how they attacked when they war on apprime which was practically 24-7. Ranging from fleetcatching a hostile fleet expecting it to be defended jgp the target and set a raid the defenders with fleets out to be roided. (double jeopardy as I called it at the time) or just lol wave APP's top planets (I.E Elviz / eksero), jgp and hit the defenders when it got to a certain eta recall the lol wave so defenders can't get fleet back in time.
From what I have heard that this type of live BCing is non existant.

Last edited by Paisley; 22 Feb 2015 at 20:50.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote