View Single Post
Unread 20 May 2010, 11:29   #231
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Alliance player limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab View Post
I wouldn't actually agree with it being doubly harmful. Or actually, in a way I do - but I think it gets outweighed by the fact that a more defensive fleet will make you a less desirable target. I'd argue that Ascendancy won a round (The one that lasted forever) because near the end with so many people building really defensive fleets we were just the most horrible targets ever.

I think it works better like this with 1-tick attacks. However I really quite miss 3-tick attacks sometimes, it gave you more room to play around with different tactics. On the other hand planetarion now is really a better game in itself than what ******** ever was, the fact that I enjoyed it less is largely related to circumstances partially outside PA-teams control.
I tend to agree about 3 tick attacks, but for a different reason, I just think the workload required to DC has gone out of hand with waves showing up every 1h.

And I didn't mean to imply that you considered it double harmful, that's just my point of view, that from a offensive standpoint it's a double penalty. Naturally, a defense fleet has other benefits, but as it is the game skews towards one style of play because of the mechanics, and that's never a good thing. People should be mostly free to play in a way which is most enjoyable to them, so long as it doesn't completely ruin the enjoyment for all others.