View Single Post
Unread 24 Dec 2008, 16:27   #45
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Round 30 - Gamethread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar
This game is simple tho, attack those with the most roids else you will lose. since no one attacked ascendancy, even when they had only 10k more roids, they won.
4 alliances attacked us for 4 night's straight before they collectively decided to die on Elviz. At the same time we were P-Targetting Denial solo and dropping them roids every single night. At the end of this four night stretch we were further ahead than we had been before it started. It's really not as simple as some people would like it to be and there is a world of difference between trying and succeeding.

But don't take this to mean I think Ascendancy are super-awesome unbeatable when, to be honest, we're probably not even half as good as we like to think we are. The reasons we win go much deeper and were well outlined by JBG in a recent post. I have my own acronym* though:

Focused Aggression. Hit your main enemy, always.
Arbiter access for everyone. This is just common sense.
Group decision making. People can be as involved as they want to be.
Solidarity. Actively looking out for one another's planets limits mistakes.

*oops

Last edited by Achilles; 24 Dec 2008 at 18:24.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote