View Single Post
Unread 16 Aug 2011, 15:56   #13
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
Re: JAGEX and the thousands of new planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
By this you mean they evolve their planet and their evolved planet gets transfered over? if so i expect even those who knows the game would abuse it.. Easy roids, probably easy fleets if you go zik or etd also. As no matter how good you turn bots with AI, they are still bots and will play silly.

Wouldn't it be better just linking speed game and a "newbie guide" somewhere visible? Let them practise with 1 - 5 min ticks, this way they will learn the consept a lot faster and how things works, instead of waiting for one hour long ticks and waiting for things to happend. I think this will be a main issue for new players. Get them addicted first, and before you know it they play real round actively.

yeah well as i stated in the original post, i´d ofc limit the value/roids of the transferred planet.

lets say to 300 roids and xyz ressources each (depending on universe avg value/roids the tick the transfer happens) - with ships removed - research and constructions could be taken over i guess, as i dont see an abuse with that.

the tickspeed is a good suggestion though, the parallel universe could run with faster ticks.

overall i have to (again) point out that this suggestion only will work with a good Startup-Quest System - as there is no use in having ppl click random buttons in a parallel universe not knowing what to do in the end

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote