View Single Post
Unread 16 Aug 2011, 11:34   #1
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
JAGEX and the thousands of new planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
They're still committed to improving the game and then, once there's more new user / mass user support, listing it on their main site. I know that a lot of people want that to happen asap, but if the game completely breaks and all the users sign up, join, get confused, leave, we could have several thousand random empty planets that we have to cope with. We might have to change the protection period to cope with that. That's part of future planning, to discuss. Discussions on how the signup, galaxy, exile and alliance system would cope with a sudden influx of new players are, of course, welcome on the suggestions forum.
1) Introduction Quest Thingy (i hope thats the one Cin is coding atm)

2) Outter-Rim
- was suggested before i think, but basically:
have players choose from exp.start (same as now) and newplayer.start (explained next)
newplayer.start shuffles you into a universe with just new players (and maybe bot planets?)
here you have the same protection mode like in the standard game, however, all the hardcore players play in a parallel universe (the real round).
so you can attack, defend etc with a few restrictions - no rankin, no alliances, no xp. - and ofc not into the real universe - vice versa
In preferences ur free to choose to join the real game any time u want to (maybe not before tick200 in real round???) and get shuffled into the normal gals - can now join alliances and ofc have a planetrank.
Ofc there needs to be limitations on how many value/score/roids you can bring out of this outter-rim and it prolly should be connected to how long the real round has progressed allready.

Aswell for buying a credit for the real round after playing in the outter-rim, imo you should get 2 credits, since u "wasted" parts of ur round learning. That way new players have at least a good motivation to play another round.

3) remove restrictions on alliance tag-limit
- alliances have their own ways to filter whom they take and whom not anyhow.

Also maybe it would be a good idea to encourage forming new alliances somehow - though i am not sure how or if it would even be needed, as i am pretty sure, if we just had enough in a recruiting pool, more ppl would start alliances and waste their time on pa

cheers

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote