View Single Post
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 11:02   #36
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Re: Shortening Prelaunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appanouki
They seem to be quite content with dwindling player numbers frostbeule... their inaction is a reflection of the large majority of europeans here. sad, i agree.
could also make it easier and say that americans hardly need to use it as they are up at that time anyways. so it's easy for you guys regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I'm not quite sure what you've settled on here, but as I see things:

1) hardcore players (cypher) would like pre-launch to be removed as it would make their lives easier.
2) less hardcore players (jester) want it to stay because they're not willing to devote their lives to PA. They have the skill, and pre-launch allows them to compete.
3) most alliances are opposed to this (spectrum of alliances - LCH, VGN, smaller alliances).

So I can't see any reason for a change. Quite why xVx or TGV support a change is beyond me, and perhaps they should take a long hard look at themselves and ask why they want to kill PA.
don't have to remove it all together, but make it a couple of hours less wouldn't hurt imo. What people in my opinion don't understand is that even tho it makes life alot easier for the attackers it makes it even more hard for the defenders. As most of the people on here know it's the small players that most often get attacked and surely with the use of prelaunch. Those players can't/won't get on at 3 at night so they are bashed. However if those incs turn up at 23:00 they might actually be able to do something about it.
and for the record i use prelaunch aswell

Also instead of blaming alliances like TGV for killing the game have you actually ever thought about it from a small alliance point of view? instead of simply your own?
Small alliances will now ALWAYS get MASS incs in the middle of the night due to prelaunch which they will need to def against but they simply can't as they lack the activity at those times. now you might think prelaunch is all good and it is from an attacking point of view. However from a defensive point of view it's far far worse and for smaller and more inactive people it makes their lives alot harder.

For me personally i can't care much as i'll get my share of incomings anyways. So i'm not saying this for myself. Think about that

Last edited by cypher; 23 Jan 2006 at 11:20.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote