View Single Post
Unread 7 Dec 2006, 22:57   #43
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough
Re: [Long]On dedication, honour and teamplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Suggest a different way of making people continue playing the game after they lost their fleet for the first time. I think XP is a nice way to keep the round open and balanced, and as you can see we haven't really had stagnation in PAX. Yes, this does make rounds more exhaustive, but it keeps them a lot more interesting, too. So I think it is primarily a good thing.

The case with defense is a different one. Prelaunch and more attack-oriented stats are supporting the issue of not seeing many defense fleets. Is this a good or a bad thing, though? Clearly for those people which hate losing roids this is a bad thing, overall it is a good thing, though. Stagnation does not just come from forming blocks, but also from making it too easy to hold on to your roids (=> exponential growth etc).
Sure I do agree with that too. I like the idea of limiting the pre-launches though, or Wishmasters idea. Just make this game less attackorientated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Dude, Planetarion is supposed to be a wargame. There is no such thing like honour in a war. You decide upon what you want to do, and you do it or not. And usually the people I am in a galaxy with (no matter if random or buddy pack people) understand it that I cannot defend against my alliance and their partners if they attack my galaxy, but on the other hand I understand that they cannot defend me vice-versa. The issue with alliance / galaxy has existed ever since, it might be tougher with the galaxy-system we have now, though, since you are no longer forming block-galaxies. But it's all just an issue of being able to adapt to a system or not.
So just to clearify - I do understand your concerns here, but how should the game be able to solve it?
I fully agree about the ingal def. When an alliance becomes hostile then no def. Nothing wrong with defending ingal with neutral alliances, as long as it's returned.
No honour in war, well that's real war when it's about life and death. This isn't. I understand your point about not defending and vice versa, but starting to backstab by the ways I mentioned goes to far. This is indeed something that the game can't do anything about, but something the community can.

Alliances shouldn't accept members doing stuff like that. And if they find out members are doing that kind of shit they should just kick them and roid them. Not gonna happen in this community though, since everyone would have to be in on it in order to make it work. Same thing as trying to get a deal up within alliances to stop giving out p-naps and not accepting shipjumpers.