View Single Post
Unread 7 Dec 2006, 18:30   #35
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough
Re: [Long]On dedication, honour and teamplay.

Imo XP is one of the factors that ruins this game. People want to gain roids and don't mind too much keeping them, wich lowers the importence of def. Another thing I've noticed is since people don't care that much of keeping their roids, they care even less if anyone else loose them.

I came back to play r15 after quitting before PAX and ever since that I've had the opinion that the game mechanics need to be changed so that keeping your roids is more important than it is now. So that people would quit beeing so thick headed about this XP and landing attacks, which makes them suicide fleets to only spend their resources on rebuilding attackfleets.

This results in many players haveing hardly any defence fleets, so they help out on defence even less, if they even do it at all. I do understand those players that choose that style of playing and don't excpect receiving any def (lo harv ), but those still excpecting defence (and even whine when not getting it) are the ones you could call a cnut.

About honour. There are indeed few people with any honour left in this game. Atleast in alliance politics and also ingal.

From what I've been talking to people about alliance politics on irc, many have had the opinion that the honourable thing to do is foolish, and the reason for them to usually think so is because they say "everyone else play ugly anyways so we won't survive if we don't". Sad to see that this is the way this game has gone. Would be nice to start a group of tough players that have no intentions of winning, but focus on bashing alliances that are acting shit.

What makes me even more sick is having seen allym8's saying that they play for alliance, so it's a good thing to backstab your galm8's. Like waiting for galm8's from enemy alliances to go offline and then get them launched at and not report it, resulting in the planet having no chance of ally defence.
What sickens me is people telling me that I should do the same if I'm loyal to my alliance. Sure you do a good thing for your alliance by doing that, but it sure as hell takes away the honour in the game. And me, as more of an "old school" player still like to keep my honour.
Does that make me not loyal to my alliance? Imo it does, since it shows that my alliance has people in it that aren't twats.