View Single Post
Unread 29 May 2012, 19:11   #15
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Reworking the Research Tree

I may be missing something here but i dont see how these changes promote attacking play, which is what PA needs. All the research/construction changes seem to be aimed towards playing a defensive valuewhore.

I dont get the need to swap Fi/Co and Cr/Bs. Surely we will just up with the main alliances all playing cr/bs normally and a few smaller allies rushing fi/co - basically what we have now but in reverse. Or everyone will play fr/de and stagnate the round to buggery.

I liked what MZ said about swapping the ETA of Cr/Bs and Fi/Co... that made far more sense and seemed to level the playing feild more than your suggestion.

Scans are FUBAR!! No one can play without an alliance to an acceptable standard without them. The itroduction of instant L scan reduced this glaring point to a degree but nowhere near enough. You would be better just giving everyone all scans to start off with stop the need to alliance scanners. Maybe have a small Alliance Research Tree with bigger completion rate to give some added extra - like an intel scan (shows players ingame name and alliance) that would help smaller allies maybe with spotting who is bashing them!!

The core change makes cores way way to OP, a lot of people are already switching to doing them before TT research, no need to make it even more blatant.

I agree with Mz about the HCT 'bottlenecking' issue. It keeps top players from running away, if you removed it then the top 10 would be far clear of those just below them after 400-500 ticks.

I dont think your stupid Tia, i think your misguided in your pursuit of changing PA to make it better in your eyes. You openly admit you play PA in defensive nature, the changes seemed geared to that way of playing - that makes them bad for PA as a whole. Inting and whoring does more damage for PA than any OP fi/co fleet ever will, we need to cut out the 'farmatarion' setup that is worming its way into PA.

I will as a minor troll add that none of these changes will never happen as a result of this thread, due to the PA team not having the time or inclination to change what currently 'works' and the owner for not giving a hoot about its purchase!!!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote