Thread: Havoc
View Single Post
Unread 20 Jul 2014, 06:41   #34
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all
Re: Havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I don't know why you keep trying to put words into my mouth with slippery slope fallacy-laden arguments like this. We're discussing dists, not dystopian horror scenarios of doom.
Im not, I'm merely pointing to the flaw in the logic. Your reasoning for wanting things as you argue they should be was due to fairness. I simply pointed out how true fairness could be viewed. There is a difference between slippery slope arguments, where people can argue for potential eventualities that may come if a specific action is taken, and simple logical arguments pointing out similarities or differences. Slippery slope would be me saying "IF WE DO THIS then blah blah blah will also be done, etc. Thats not my argument at all.

Quote:
So am I, we just disagree on what "fun" is.
Valid point.

Quote:
There is a hard counter to distwhoring: ampwhoring. However, rather than modifying the way you yourself play, which would be incredibly easy, you want to prevent other people from playing the way they want, which would further restrict the number of options in a game that is already pretty damn simple. I don't think that's right.
Ok, here is where I think our main disagreement actually comes from. You are saying that, by allowing scans to ignore dists in havoc, it prevents other people from playing the way they want. My counter to that is, by leaving them as is, you are dictating that everyone else in this game should be forced to change their normal round play in order to play havoc to accommodate dist whores, and thus prevent them from playing how they want. So either way, 1 half is dictating how the other half must play. Which is why I suggested only allowing jgp's and AU's, or even just AU's only, since Landing scans ignore dists anyway.

If someone dist whores, and thus can't be scanned by 99% of the universe, its not so much dictating how the non amp whores can or can't play, its basically putting them out of the game entirely. If someone can't scan, say, 20 peeps, due to being out dist'd, it basically just makes those 20 no longer part of the game, since you can't really attack them unless you want to suicide. Last round I especially started to run into this a lot myself, even though I had 60 or so amps at start of havoc. This is why I say it takes fun away, and limits just how many people will or can play havoc.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote