View Single Post
Unread 22 Jul 2014, 19:01   #106
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 58 BB stats discussion

Here's my main concern: Xan has 3 pods. This is just Bad. Xan normally already has a tendency to be overpowered, and adding a bonus pod makes their fakes that much stronger. Please change. The remainder of my post combined is less important than this paragraph.

Many pod costs are much too high.

Ter Fr: Very strong defensively. The fact that it's main weakness is its own class helps balance it. The more people go Fr, the weaker it becomes. Few ships can defend against it too. Only the Pulsar fires before it. Nasty.

Ter Bs: Very strong offensively, with only Emp and the Ghost (T2) firing before it. Cr -> Bs ships seem weak in general. Combined with Ter Fr, Ter looks overpowered. And that's not something that's easy to achieve.

Cat Co: A fairly boring fleet, but strong as always. Not much else to say.

Cat De: Idem. A smidge stronger defensively because it covers that extra class, but somewhat weaker offensively because of its 3 ships. I don't really see the point of forting as Cat, though.

Cat Cr: Even more boring... Nothing fires before it, just gotta outflak it. Next.

Xan Fi: Holy shit those Effs. I don't usually even look at them, but they're definitely out of line here, even with 3 ships. At least -50 A/C across the board, please, maybe even -100 on the Phantom and Pulsar. The init on the Pulsar makes this just about the only non-Fr fleet that can deal with a mass-Fr universe, so I expect Xan to do well with these stats regardless. Only the Tzen fires before it. Overpowered. That said, I'm glad the fleet doesn't fire at itself.

Xan Fr: Looks strong. Cr/Bs forts should be able to deal with this, and the relatively low E/R makes Emp-heavy defense viable. A small reduction in E/R would be good nonetheless.

Xan Bs: Weak. Would be better if Cr wasn't completely useless, but no one will go Cr with Bs this strong, and most Fr/De fires either before or at the same time as it.

Zik Fr: Cutter fires too early. Both better ETA and init hurts Etd De and Zik Cr badly. Beyond that, the fleet doesn't really do much. Bucc init is too high to be useful for a kill ship (should be 6). Target swap on the Thief would make it more valuable in teamups, and allow it to steal Co pods more easily. Dagger to init 4-5 as well.

Zik Cr: Relegated to teamups with Cat. No other point for investing in this fleet. Attack fleets need a kill ship.

Etd Co: Interesting. The Defender stops ally def and the Smuggler allows stealing both Fr and De. I like it. Solid fleet, neither too strong nor too weak.

Etd Fr: Ghost looks ridiculously strong. Covering 2 classes at good ETA, and its the only ship that can handle Ter Bs in the slightest. Lancer is very weak, though, even cloaked. Might as well switch targets and make it a kill ship at this init. Making the Ghost a bit weaker and the Lancer a bit stronger might be a good idea.

Etd De: Fairly average. Middle of the road inits, though it may turn into a pile of shit if too many alliances pick Fr.

Etd Bs: Excellent. The weakness of Cr allows you to focus almost entirely on the Avenger, which is /also/ very strong.

I mostly like what you're doing with these stats, but there's some serious balance issues. At this rate, I expect a lot of Ter/Xan/Etd Fr + Cat De and Xan Fi + Cat Co, with a smattering of Ter/Etd Bs + Cat Cr. No Ziks, no killing Cr.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote