View Single Post
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 19:57   #150
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Re: bad rep/good rep.. what s the points and why no comments when issued?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Me, its better to try to do something rather then sit on your arses with the head in the sand wishing that someone will magically come along and clean the mess up after you.
Sure you might not meet the targets but the effort to do so will have reduced your CO2 output by a little at least and you are in a better position then if you had simply not bothered to
me again
Incorrect, he simply banned government funding for it
Less then it was before the ban on governmental funding since it has to be done with private money now i would presume
I think it is better to do something that is effective rather than to do something that is ineffective. Maybe that is just me being an ignorant American.

Would it not be better to sequester CO2 to take it out of the atmosphere, or even God forbid, take actions to drop the temperature of the planet by one or two degrees?

Yes, The United States still does about half the embryonic stem cell research in the world. The Europeans want the United States to do 90 percent, that's why they complain so much about Bush.