View Single Post
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 15:53   #35
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: FAO: England Rugby Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
That isn't true.

Footballers roll and dive when they get knocked a tiny little bit. You don't see that kind of pathetic play in rugby. A penalty in rugby is (for the most part) deserved. In football there's always ambiguity because of the complete fagginess of players diving to try and get an advantage.
This is simply wasting time. If a team is 1-0 up in the second half, you can guarantee it will happen. Blackburn are very good at it. But if my team did it, I can't say I'd be against it.

Quote:
Footballers have big arguments with each other and push each other. If a rugby player has a problem with another, he'll sort it out on the pitch and it'll have a blind eye turned to by everyone. It's acceptable and everyone does it.
It's funny as **** - if they step over the line they'll get booked or sent off.

Quote:
Footballers shouting and abusing the referee. It's terrible - also younger players start to think that's acceptable. I've seen football games at school and the players (13-14) will shout at the referee and swear at him. In the rugby games this NEVER happens.
If a teacher is being sworn at, why isn't the teacher disciplining the pupils? Surely respect towards the referees should be enforced in any sport. I've thrown my stick in frustration at a hockey game at school, the teacher was on me like a shot, got booked, said I was lucky to be on, and needless to say at school I didn't dissent again.

Quote:
I remember when I was in Portsmouth with my ex-girlfriend, during a Pompey/Southampton game. She simply wouldn't let us use the train, because of all the football louts. It's disgusting. If it was two rugby teams, they'd have a little banter at each other but then probably buy each other drinks in the pubs. You'd NEVER get that with football.
Portsmouth and Scum are more than just football, it's local rivalry. We just don't get on. The rivalry goes out of control and is beyond just football. I have NEVER seen a scum shirt in Portsmouth city centre at any time, and it should stay that way, as no one would probably want to try. As for using the trains, as a fan I love the horrified faces of shoppers as a train pulls into fratton on a saturday after the game. Because in reality, there might be many of us, but everyone's well behaved and harmless. People are just scared of football fans but unnecessarily so. There are very few grounds that are bad for attacking fans, which is why i'll never go to Stoke, Wolves, or Spurs.

Quote:
The people saying "it simply doesn't get the blood flowing", I'm willing to bet you don't actually know the rules of rugby. I'm willing to bet you've never seen a proper international rugby game at a stadium.
I've never been to a rugby game at a stadium, but i know most of the rules (they forced us to play it at school, even though Pompey is a football town and we wanted to play football). I can watch and appreciate a game of rugby - good international games are like pitched battles and are enjoyable. But they don't stir me (much like England at football) or get me anywhere near as excited as PFC, mainly as PFC is my bread and butter, week in week out and because everyone wants us to do well so badly.

Quote:
I do like international football - but I don't like the atmosphere that goes along with it. I love cheering for England and yes - I do get happy when we win. But I get ashamed of England when I see fans being yobbish and rude.
England fans are generally wankas, but it's nice that people like to pick on them for football fans, rather than the majority of fans who are well behaved and know how to support without getting involved in a ruck. Football fans do have some respect for each other. Generally the abuse at each other is actually quite good humoured and everyone takes it on the chin etc. For example, on saturday, if the villa fans go into a chorus of going down, it means either we're losing 3-0, or we've won 3-0. And it'll be hilarious for someone either way.

Last edited by lokken; 26 Feb 2006 at 15:59.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote