Thread: R32 Shipstats
View Single Post
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 18:17   #28
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all
Re: R32 Shipstats

I've idled in the channel a few times and haven't seen anyone discuss anything there. I'll just post my comments on the v5 here.

In general I think the stats are very interesting. People can attack each other but defence is a lot easier than now. A bit of rock, paper, scissors. I noticed that there are huge differences in emp resistance compared to before. Some ships get stunned easily, others are almost impossible to freeze.

More specific comments:

1. Xan fi can hardly be stopped in the currently proposed version. They have the first initiative except for emp, but they are practicly immune to emp. Their armor may be made of paper, but that's no problem if the other guy is dead before he can open fire. The only alternative to another Xan to defend is a combination of beetles and phoenix. (Stun the sentinels, then the phoenixes survive to fire.) Something needs to change. A possibility is changing the cost of the Phantom to 45/45/45, then raising damage and armor to 3 and 6, so it keeps the same dam/cost and arm/cost. Then lower Emp resistance to 13. This means the Phantom can be stunned normally.

2. What is the intention of Zik Cr? I cannot find anything they can attack. Improve them or just remove them. I'm thinking like improve the emp resistance of Rogue/Pirate/Ironclad to 90/90/89.

3. The Avenger isn't efficient against anything. I suggest reducing the cost from 75/90/75 to 65/90/65. (This also effects the Xan fi.)

Finally I think it would be better to drasticly change the cost of ships. Nowadays Terrans use a bit more metal, Cathaar a bit more crystal and Zik a bit more eonium. I'd like to see a lot more use of these differences, so that buddypacks and alliances will not all try to play one race. It would bring a bit more balance between the races. I suggest making normal (Terran) ships cost equal amounts of each, Emp ships more Crystal, Cloaked ships more Eonium and Steal ships more Metal. Then the major change would be that the cost would be more like 1:2:1 instead of the 5:6:5 ratio we have now. I chose equal for terran because they are more of a race for beginning players. Etd have a bit of all kind of ships, so they are also not affected very much.

Last edited by Gerbie2; 7 Jun 2009 at 19:22.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote