View Single Post
Unread 14 Jul 2018, 19:20   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Galaxy Counted Score

You're taking away all my fun, listing all the disadvantages right off the bat.

Anyway, yeah, I dislike the counting member system for alliances for all the reasons you listed. For galaxies, I think there's good reason to implement it, though. First, since they contain so few planets, 1 more or less can make a world of difference. Second, since it makes a world of difference, half the universe already doesn't count: they're in galaxies that have too few planets. No matter how hard they work, they won't ever be able to compete for #1. Going to a system in which (on average) half the galaxies have just 1 non-counting member is an improvement.

Minor nitpick: take largest (non-1:1, non c200) galaxy, minus 1, not average. With late-starting removed, it should(?) be impossible for a galaxy to have two more planets than another galaxy outside of the exile bracket. That way you never have to worry about having galaxies with 2 non-counting members. I want as many counting planets in the universe as possible, for all the reasons you listed.

You know what, your listing of disadvantages is growing on me. I can just say "yeah, because of what you said" while making all my outrageously unfounded claims. And yet, here I am, still on 4 paragraphs.

Random semi-related idea that I'm too lazy to make my own thread for: closed and deleted planets to take up a permanent counting-score slot, both for galaxies and alliances. Kicking or exiling a closed-but-not-yet-deleted planet before it's deleted should not work, obviously, or maybe just be made impossible.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 14 Jul 2018 at 19:30.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote