View Single Post
Unread 3 Jul 2010, 07:09   #26
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Encourage Landing on Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
Dunno why LordNieminen tells me "what game I played" as back in those days, most attacks were cancelled if there was adequate defense. And most defenders would run if the calc would result in great losses.

After all, there were enough planets to roid, roids were gained easily but losing your fleet had for more dramatic consequences.

I however don't see how any PA clone could be any different here. Isn't it human nature to avoid risks and losses?
It is, But back then u could terran smash trough defences with losses what repaid in a week or 2 especially at round 6. Anyone who didn't do that, either growed slowly or just got picked off by the bigger planets as their fleet value got left behind. Some times you get zero loss lands, sometimes you pay.. in the end it balances out but these days in PA it isn't possible due to short round and the salvage rule what supports crashing your defence in enough high numbers to beat attacker. You can't do "pricy" landings as there isn't any payout, and the dude who's fleet you might get kill.. get's what 40-50% back if he shot before dying at attacker fleet.

We have this round a dude in alliance, who started gathering def vs FC.. he gathered it all right, he send 8mil value's worth of fi's to possible 600k or something xan frigs and god knows how many pegasus. And considered it covered.. even if the calc was good because we killed 1,2mil value when loosing 7mil ourselfs.. thank god the galaxy was awake and filled the spots so it went to even standing after salvage. That is the current retardness of salvage, doesn't matter what u send after defender breaks your strongest anti- defence they can kill you as salvage pays it enough for them on calc even if we all know all that salvage doesn't go to those who lost ships only.

the losses without fi's would have been 200k to defence, 1,2mil to attackers, zero losses just pure salvage run but the current salvage format supports the idiots.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote