View Single Post
Unread 20 Dec 2007, 01:23   #28
Phil M

Phil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the rough
Re: PA player burnout, how to prevent it?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but the situation of quite a few people I know is similar to this thread. Some of the more dedicated people in my galaxy are burnt out and have no intentions of playing.

The problem? We all have a love-hate relationship with Planetarion. We love the strategy and the politics, they're some of the best parts of the game. We hate the fact that who scan stay awake the longest generally wins the game, it's certainly not the only factor but it's a huge one.

I'd guess that many players in the past were students who had a lot of free time for games like Planetarion, but now life has moved on and many of the same people have jobs. This is exactly how I started, I don't want to give up Planetarion because the game makes it so unrewarding if you play it casually.

People say that you should take a break for a few rounds, why? Must we have a burnout and rest cycle for players to enjoy themselves? I'd like a game which is fun to play throughout the year instead of short bursts where I end up hating it.

Is it possible to retain the skill in the game and still make it friendly towards people who have a life?
Phil M is offline   Reply With Quote