View Single Post
Unread 16 Apr 2012, 19:38   #5
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Return of the Block!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
After a week of Ultores team smashing there way into FaNG causing FaNG a daily roid loss of.... oh no hang on they gained roids everyday.... 3 of the top 4 allies decided enough was enough and plowed back into those pesky Ultores planets and stop them winning PA, even tho they had made no ground on the top 2 alliances and were barely keeping ahead of NewDawn.
FAnG had a roidgain simply because the stats this round are so ridiculously defensive it pays to init up to high amounts of roids. As for plowing in to Ultores i suggest you actually look at the amounts of fleets hitting you today compared to the previous attempts. TGV hit ult with a full 3 waves, CT galraided 1 ult fort instead of ptargetting the ult in 2, FAnG was mostly grounded, and inside sources tell me ND attackparticipation sucked.

Quote:
I just love how somewhere down the line a HC (ill presume gm because it has his MO all over it) was so scared of Ultores they decided they needed 240+ players to contain a 65 man alliance. Does Ultores really require 4 players to every 1 of theirs to keep them in check??
Actually, CT were the least enthousiastic party involved. If anything, previous rounds proved that Ultores indeed needs 4 players to 1 to keep them in check.

Quote:
I also want to ponder why when Ultores and her friends were seemingly managing to stagnate FaNG to some extent, a move that could have handed Conspiracy a way past FaNG into 1st place and possibly be able to grow out to a point where they could win from, they decided to join back with FaNG and come after the alliance that was offering them their round winning chance.....
I hope it was because they want a higher valued win this time, and for that to happen they will need to actually hit FAnG at some point this round. In my opinion before that to happen either FAnG or CT needs to feel they are at a safe distance from Ultores.

Quote:
What is this block actually about? FaNG is obviously the daddy alliance we can all see that now, Conspiracy is FaNG Jr? doing as it told for fear of what? NewDawn is the sheep alliance? follow the crowd as it safer than doing something useful in PA? and TGV, the coat-tail rider... how happy you will be with the massive contribution you have made to this cause...
As said before, TGV entered this block to prevent Ultores from winning yet another round straight. TGV was involved last night to retalliate recent Ultores incs (as you might have noticed we targetted Ults that actually landed on TGV in the past 72 ticks). As for CT/FAnG i can only hope it is for reasons mentioned above. As for ND, i am sure they have their own personal reasons, but i have a feeling it has something to do with a high amount of Ult-block incs before the gangbanging on FAnG started.

Quote:
Shit stats aside we actually had a round that the pro smaller tag community had cried out for, 9 of the top 10 had 40+ members, a following 5 alliances had 20-25 members and what do we all do? gangbang 1 alliance cos were too scared to compete with them.
I am very much pro smaller tags, the fact we have 9 out of the top 10 allies with a satisfying membercount is far from a victory for me tho. As politics still revolves around the 2-3 allies that have the highest member counts. I am a firm believer that with more allies on a 'level' playingfield, there will be more than just 2 blocks, and that blocks will have shorter lifespans.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote