View Single Post
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 11:59   #19
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Call For Comments: Round 16 beta stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
No harpies for alliance defence?
I'd ignore harpies for the obvious reason that they die, whilst pegs can avoid that fate

Gryphons and chimera would be my defence investments. I wouldn't need a huge number of gryphons either (same goes for drakes and pegs). It's a 0-loss defence ship and even with terran pea shooters, it's not much weaker than the bomber was this round (30 dmg:cost rather than 38), out of 37,000 frigates I only fielded 4k bombers and very rarely got DE inc. The one time I was roided by DE, they took 6 roids and lost 95% of their fleet.

Chimera are the only ship that's guaranteed shots against a cath CR fleet, so I'd fully expect them to be in high demand as well and as such would buy a respectable number.

I think my expenditure would mostly be sunk in chimera and wyverns (Attack ships and useful defence), followed by dragons and gryphons, then pegs (they're about 0.9:1 in terms of efficiency, whilst the gryphon is less than 0.5:1 and a defence ship) and drakes.

My fleet balancing worked out pretty well last round, though it would probably work better with these stats as there's no need to invest millions in pretty much useless vsharraks!

Last edited by Gate; 10 Jan 2006 at 12:05.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote