View Single Post
Unread 8 Nov 2004, 20:02   #23
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice
Re: Mistake in Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by lladroth
Even if a xan builds only bomber sacrificing the offensive ability that the pulsar bring, it would take 1200 bomber to deal with the above attack still costing around 14mil to defend a 9.7mil attack. Then the cath sends an additional 100 roach to emp the extra 400 bomber and your back to the perfect win again.
First off a xan would not only have bombers they would also have TBT's home most likly and if there FR fleet is home there probly not using there FR pods either. So all of that is eating up some of the roachs fire power. now ofc with this rounds stats to even fleets(res wise) of cath vs xan, cath will win. This has to be one of the first rounds like that though.

Quote:
Just changing the targeting could help, eg swap the target for beetle & Scorpion. Cath would have to send roach to defend the Hornets, Beetles to defend the Roach, scorpion to defend beetle from vsharrak. But the beetle would then be open to attack from Lancer. Thus the Cath would have to accept some losses for the attack if the Xan is setup to defend Cath attacks.
this is good in principal but the game was made more of a team style effort. in you throw in ships from another race in there the cath has to deal with many other problems. in addition to the caths do have there weakness too. **cough** DE **cough**

Quote:
It would take more thinking about than the 10 mins I have just given it. All races try to send as few ship types as possible into attack, currently Cath and ZIk can do that with little risk apart from their target getting outside help.
not totally, being a zik i know roiding none cath/zik planets is not free by any means

For taking on a Ter

Rogue to Harpy
Pirate to Hydra
Raider to Roids
Galleon to Strs

hmm don't see anything stoping the gyrphon from firing

Clipper to Gyrphon/Centaur/Chimera

now the the FR r semi stoped so u still have BS losses but also DE losses

i have used this on a few terrans and has worked quite well
Maurauder/Rogue/Pirate/Raider/Galleon
while i did take BS/CR losses, the ammount of FI/FR that died was overwhelming

For taking a Xan

Rogue to Vsh/Pulsar
Pirate to Broadsword
Raider to roids
Galleon to Strs

now the pirate stealling the broadswords could be a stopper to the TBT's but most xans i have seen have very low #'s of them so it doesn't work nearly as well as using CO against a xan as hoping his pulsars r home to subvert. So then u would need to bring in clipper/cutlass/cutter/buc to have a no loss battle and doing so would leave you wide open to a retal. So its not free roiding for the ziks/caths if there targets think smart.

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote