View Single Post
Unread 20 Feb 2014, 17:51   #84
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: Round 56 shipsstats

I think the last few changes you made have vastly improved balance across the stats.

Your own analysis seems to be pretty accurate. Every fleet seems to be able to roid quite well, excluding De which will have a harder time. This is compensated with De being targeted t1 very little, though the Fireblade may prevent them from being too viable.

Cr/Bs might be having a hard time with Etd Fr around, even with EMP - Xan/Etd Fr seems a pretty good combo (incredible fakes), only being hampered by its weakness to Fi/Co.

Fi/Co on the other hand (Cat/Xan) will be strong as long as there aren't too many Terrans. You handled it a much better way than the current stats did, by making the anti-Fi ship an off-class for Ter. Whether this allows Fi to be viable without Cat Co freezing Fr (and without Etd having a means to Fi pods) remains to be seen.

Ter will have a lot of trouble landing attacks with ships like Spectre/BWidow, Rogue, and Investor for Bs and Fireblade plus Harpy/Banshee for De. Defensively, Harpy+De is really strong, but opting for Bs should give you an offensive advantage, which I don't really see with the anti-Bs ships above around.

As for Zik, I don't see people going De except for those looking to supplement Ter De to get through Harpies, which could in theory be done by mixing/faking in War Frigates anyway. Its only real use to me seems to steal Cat Cr, everything else will be focussed on Cr/Cutlass.

Cath's strength will largely depend on the race choice of the universe. Are EMP efficiencies done?

tl;dr -
Strong: Etd/Xan Fi/Fr, Ter Fi/De forts, Zik Cr/Bs,
Weak: Zik De, Etd Bs
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote