View Single Post
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 11:26   #19
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Stat changes for R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
In addition, Cath has no "invincibility" option against FI - no matter how many beetles they build, there will always be enough Xans to team up to get past them.
Scorpions. Sentinels. The Cath CR fleet is used far more often and is far more effective than the xand FR fleet, and so far I've seen far more examples of caths stealing CO than of xands stealing spiders. As a xand, I've quickly come to appreciate that some caths I just can't touch, despite owning the second largest xand fleet in the uni.

It takes a mere 3.5k stolen sentinels to make a 2k roid cath able to inflict more damage in value than they lose in roids, assuming I get max cap, which I generally don't as the majority of these have a large stockpile and it takes just 9k beetles to start cutting my cap to below 500 roids, whilst I simoultaneously leave myself open to both FR and DE retals (As out of interest, I hardly ever attack with pulsars, instead sending them on def w/ ghosts).

I'm not trying to claim that 'OMG CATHS ARE OVERPOWERED' or that 'OH NOES MY POOR XANDSA RE TOO WEAK', I am impressed with the stats this round overall, I just feel the sentinel is too much of a powerulf/prominent defence ship.

Last edited by Ultimate Newbie; 25 Aug 2005 at 12:16. Reason: Closed the quote tag for ya mate :).
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote