View Single Post
Unread 16 May 2007, 14:34   #16
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Dancing on graves

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
It's okay to disagree with people when they try and restrict the freedoms of others.
Yes, whilst tolerance in this day and age is encouraged (partly due to the diversity of cultures and the 'distances' between them shortening - better infrastructure, internet, etc), if those people you're tolerating don't seem tolerant of you, it doesn't really work.

I have to admit that America seems to get more bad press than good, and even leaving things like the "hidden" poverty issues aside, there's other things that I've never found attractive. Religions seem to be much more important for many people in America, and some of them seem to reject thinking for faith. I admit that I partly admire the fact they have such faith and trust, but it's unnerving as they seem to lose their ability to question anything they're told, merely acting as "repeaters" for some of what they're told.

We have those in the UK - "born again" Christians - who are equally critical. A group of them were very disapproving and critical of my ex and myself for having sex before marriage, but happyily had oral sex with their partners.

I'll happily admit that everyone has their own right to their own views and opinions, but there's a limit to how tolerant I'd be if they start using those to criticise me just because I don't have their faith.

I'm sure that we're being shown the more 'extreme' cases, but it's still unnerving.