View Single Post
Unread 3 Jul 2014, 16:24   #518
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: R57 gossip thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
This all started when the majority of our incs were Spore. I do agree that you had most reason to attack us though, but it's not a question of politics anymore.

Personally, I think a lot of the problems lie within the basics of the game. You got a 60 man tag limit, 8 50 man+ tags within a game of 731 players. And it's impossible to attack any galaxy without starting a war. I was early teens when I started and I used to play with my school friends. We weren't even in allies, but it was enjoyable. Now, it's really quite pathetic. It's all about dickswinging and who has the most fb friends. A real lack of community feel. Probably explains why the player pools shrinking. Bring back cluster 100+ days!
I agree that the game is getting smaller and smaller. You are correct that it seems wars are easier to start. (This is both a good and bad thing).

The issue is more to how many alliances currently view incomings as such a huge thing. Maybe I'm just more tolerant, but I hardly put a gal raid with 1 Spore getting it (maybe gosh 2) as something hostile and thus do not base politics around that.

Too many alliance HC are too quick to shout "war!" which is what leads to the increase in deals and what may seem focus on certain alliances which don't use this tactic (or have as many deals).

If alliances growed a bigger set of balls in general and learnt to cope with random incoming you'd probably see a better shift in politics - yet it's a pipe dream.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote