View Single Post
Unread 3 Jul 2014, 10:15   #504
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: R57 gossip thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
It seems unlikely that an alliance would drop a nap and attack its previously napped alliance simply because they could see that alliance was likely to be beaten by another couple of alliances. Is this not entirely what NAPs are supposed to prevent? If you do this to someone you put yourself at risk of others thinking they can do the same to you. So I think there must have been more reason than you state.
I cannot speak for ND and to the reasons they dropped the NAP. I believe it was simply to get involved on a side and they chose the Spore side due to our tighter relations.

Quote:
And while I dont agree with the namecalling I am pretty sure the cowards related to having other alliances hit us too. As I noted though not having multiple alliances hit us would have made several of your reasons for hitting us irrelevant and wrong; it would not be rational to fight us one on one, and there would be little chance of gains in ranks (while putting your main number 1 planet contender seriously at risk).
Then every alliance in this game is a coward. p3nguins included. Having backup plans and links in politics is essential in this game. You cannot go to war without knowing how other alliances would react. I had to measure what the universe response would be to every option Spore had. Hitting p3nguins back and escalating was the best.

Quote:
As previously stated you were not simply 'fighting back' as we were not intentionally hostile.
Already pointed out p3nguins intentionally aimed for Spore in response to our galaxy raiding including fake attacks on non-Spore in your gal raids in order to focus more on Spore.

I think the correct terminology would be that p3nguins were not really wanting war, but then even that opens up a can of worms to why p3nguins conducted itself the way it did without communication to Spore.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote