View Single Post
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 15:30   #16
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Portal Developer Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Do you intentionally try to misunderstand my postings furball?
Or did I fail at clearly stating that PA Team are not doing enough with only posting this job offer on the games forums?
No, that part of it was fairly clear. As I said, it's an advert looking to see what initial interest there is. No doubt if it receives insufficient replies then PA Team will take further steps to find someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
The job does not require someone with knowledge of the game (yes it is a bonus to have it, but no requirement). Asking a limited audience only does by default limit the chance of finding a suitable person for the job. Neither does a job advert require a headhunting agency to find suitable people - using existing internet services like Rent A Coder should surely be doable?
I think that the first stage should be trying to find someone from the community. As you said yourself, it'd be a bonus to have someone with prior knowledge to design the portal.

It'd be a mistake to assume that this advert is all that PA Team are going to do to try to find a portal developer. This is just the first stage, and if the offers don't meet up to PA Team's requirements, a service such as RentACoder would be the next logical step.