View Single Post
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 15:21   #623
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Re: Masters of Andromeda IV (New Horizons - Out of the Ashes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur_Quan
The sudden explosions on the bridge of The Frivolous Rainbow were so fierce and bright that Bogg needed to close his eyes and cover his head with both his arms. There were several brief screams that quickly died away and when he finally dared to look up again, it was as if time stood still. As by some miracle he was completely unharmed himself. The bridge however, was totally wrecked; consoles had molten completely, debris lay everywhere and bodies and torn off limbs lay scattered about. Instinctively, he turned his gaze towards his No1 and then, for the very first time in his life, his adrenaline levels surpassed his testosteron levels for his No1 was lying face down on the floor in front of her seat. "Alison!", he screamed as he jumped out of his seat and dropped on his knees next to her. "Alison! No!", he yelled again as he gently rolled her over. She groaned and appeared to have difficuly breathing, but much to Bogg's relief she was at least still alive. "Alison, you're hurt!" She looked up at him and with a soft voice said: "'fraid so." "But I need you!" "I know." "No you don't understand! I NEED you!" She looked into his eyes and saw they were wet with tears and a faint smile adorned her face as she said: "I know." Tears rolled down Bogg's cheeks as he stroked Alison's hair. "I-I can't see anymore. Are-are you still there?" Bogg took her hand in his own and then he kissed her fingers: "I'm still here." "So cold. I'm so cold..." and then her voice trailed off and she passed out. "ALISON! NO! WAKE UP DAMMIT! ALISON!" Bogg crawled back to his command chair and rammed a button and yelled: "Dr. Vorkian! Kim! Help! It's Alison! Get to the bridge this instant! Quickly! You have to help her NOW!"

MD: "Yes captain! I'm on my way now!"
Bogg: "Please! Be quick! It's bad!"
MD: "I'm going as fast as I can. Have you turned on the EMH?"
Bogg: "'EMH'?"
MD: "The emergency medical hologram. It can help her until my team and I arrive. There should be a big green square button somewhere on your command chair."
* Bogg feverishly sought for said button and pressed it as he found it and immediately an holographic image of a green caterpillarlike lifeform with many eyes and arms appeared.
EMH: "I am the EMH. How may I be of service?"
Bogg: "It's Alison! You must help her!"
* The EMH hovered towards Alison and immediately began to work on her with several instruments that appeared and disappeared in his tentacles. As Bogg watched it do it's work, something moved behind the tactical console. Bogg turned around and saw that it was the WO that was crawling out from under some debris.

Bogg: "Sarah! I thought you were dead!"
WO: "I had a close one, captain, but apart from these cuts and bruises I'm fine and still fit for duty."
Bogg: "Duty? Look around you! This place is a mess! We cannot operate a ship from here!"
[i]* The WO smiled. "Oh, you're right about that, captain, but that's why we have a secondary bridge."
Bogg: "Secondary bridge?"
WO: "Yes captain, it is very common among ships as big as ours. Most ship operations can be done from there as well as here. It's located in the aft section of the ship, so it's bound to be still intact."

* Bogg pondered this for a moment and after he appeared to have reached a conclusion he said: "If what you say is true, then we may still have a chance. I want you to assemble a new bridgecrew and go to the secondary bridge from where you will conduct ship operations. I'll stay here with Alison for a while before I join you there. Those bastards need to pay for what they did to Alison. Until that time, I'm making you acting captain of this ship." The WO nodded and quickly tapped a few buttons on her console. "There are hullbreaches on decks 1 to 9. I've put forcefields in place, but I'm not sure how they long they will hold, so I've given the order to evacuate those decks. The shields on the starboard section have been drained of nearly all power. I'm compensating for that by rerouting power from the port shields and I've set the particle array to AFD. Just in case some of those enemy fighters decide to come back and have another shot at us. Now, with your permission I must go and make the necessary arrangements." Bogg nodded and as his WO left the bridge, Dr. Vorkian and her team entered the bridge.

Bogg: "Kim! Finally! What kept you so long? Never mind, just make sure Alsion gets better."
* The MD moved a scanner over Alison's body. She had a worried expression on her face. "Oh dear, that doesn't look too good at all. Several cracked ribs. Some organs have been damaged. No internal bleedings, but she's lost a lot of blood. It's a good thing you enabled the EMH or she'd have been dead by now."
Bogg: "So she's gonna be alright then?"
MD: "I don't know, it's too early to tell. She needs blood and she needs it fast too. Please remove your jacket captain. Don't worry, you may get dizzy, but it won't hurt. Not much."
Bogg: "What? Why me? Why can't someone else do it?"
MD: "You and her happen to have the same bloodtype. It's very rare and if I have to go back to my office to get some, she won't survive for sure. Now, will you take off your jacket or do you want her to die?"

* Meanwhile, on the secondary bridge, Weapons Officer Sarah Muller and some other people set up bridge operations.
WO: "McQuirk, report! What's the status on our fighters?"
WC: "We've taken some casualties on the Nials, but the Hawks are still fine. We're doing what we can, but we're heavily outnumbered."
WO: "Very well, break off the attack and order all fighters to dock with the ship. We're heavily damaged and may need to retreat."
WC: "Aye Ma'am. I'll report back to you as soon as we're all back in. McQuirk out."
WO: "Engineering? Mr. l'Oven are you there?"
EO: "l'Oven here, Ma'am. Where's the captain? Is he alright?"
WO: "He's fine, but he needed to take care of other things. Anyway, I need you to do some things for me. First of all, we're leaking fuel, I want that to stop IMMEDIATELY."
EO: "I had noticed that and I've already set a team on it. It should be repaired any minute now."
WO: "Good work. Then I want you to take all non-essential systems offline and completely shut down the power on decks that have been evacuated, that includes life support. The forcefields that compensate for the hullbreaches are the only exception to this. Then I want you to disconnect any ship components that are too badly damaged for immediate repair from the main power supply to reduce the risk of damaging other systems. Power down all weapons, except for the particle array, AFD, AMD and tractorbeams. Disconnect the fusion drives from the PPP8's and connect them to the main power supply to compensate for powerlosses and to enhance the structural integrity of the hull. Once all this has been done, I want you and your team to begin repairing the damaged systems. Start with life support and then the engines; I like to have full power back. If you need any help, ask commander Redbock and his men to give you a hand."
EO: "Yes Ma'am, I'll get to work on it right away."
WO: "Muller to Redbock, come in, commander."
MC: "Redbock here Ma'am. How're we holding up?"
WO: "We're still in one piece and regrouping. I want you take command of the ADCT and MASH teams. Let the other troops help out the ADCT and MASH teams for the time being. I want you to coordinate repairs with l'Oven in engineering. Any men he doesn't need, are to begin repairs on the hull on decks 1 to 9. The MASH teams are to treat the wounded and get them back to their jobs as soon as possible."
MC: "Understood!"

* At that moment, the doors to the secondary bridge slid open and a rather pale Bogg staggered into the room. "Captain! Are you alright? What about...?" Bogg waved her into silence as he shuffled across the room towards a chair in the middle of the room and sat down in it before looking up to his weapons officer.
Bogg: "I've just donated nearly half of my own blood to Alison. I just couldn't let her die. Dr. Vorkian is now performing surgery on her. She informs me that Alison is probably going to be alright again."
WO: "That is good news then."
Bogg: "I see you've managed to find some replacements for the people we lost on the bridge. Introduce me to them, will you?"
* Bogg at the various in the room but when he came to the SO who was smiling at him, his mouth fell open in astonishment and his face grew even paler. "Hello captain! Bet you didn't expect to see me again, did you?" "Laura? Bubbubuh but that that that's im-impossible, you you're dead!" "Actually that was the body of my stunt double that you saw on the bridge. I was actually off duty, having a drink with Sarah's stunt double, but then there was this big explosion and she happened to be too close to the blast." Bogg turned his gaze towards Sarah. "Stunt? Double? You both have stunt doubles? Why?"
SO: "It was part of an experiment designed by Alison to find new ways of deceiving the enemy.
Bogg: "But I'm.."
Bogg: "No, but we had to test it first and you were obviously the best suited candidate."
Bogg: "Does she.."
WO: "No she didn't want to have a stunt double herself."
Bogg: "What about.."
SO: "No, you don't have one either. We were the only two."
Bogg: "Right, I'm glad that's sorted then. Now who are those other two?"
WO: "Well, at the helm, we have Yvonne Anderson, she's a first class pilot and can fly just about any ship. She's an expert in evasive manoeuvres and has a few other tricks up her sleeve as well."
Helm: "Hello captain, pleased to meet you, Sir"
WO: "And at the comms we have a very resourceful young man called Frymuch Leetdude."
Comms: "Heya!"
* The WO leaned closer to Bogg's ear and whispered: "He's a bit weird; claims to be haunted by an evil demon pirate that calls himself 'The Duck', but he's all I could find on such short notice."
Bogg: "Ahh, one of those."

WO: "What're your orders, captain?"
Bogg: "Just continue with the plans you had made. I'm still feeling a bit lightheaded."
WO: "Yes Sir, as you wish. "
WC: "Commander McQuirk to the bridge. All fighters have returned to the hangarbays."
WO: "Very good. Now, as you can see we have suffered some major damage. I want you and your pilots to begin a deck by deck search for wounded crewmen that haven't been able to make it to sickbay for whatever reason and then bring them there."
WC: "Right away, Ma'am."
EO: "Engineering to the bridge. We've finished pumping all the fuel into the spare fuel tanks. We're no longer losing any fuel. Other repairs have started and are well underway."
WO: "Well done, George."
EO: "Thank you Ma'am. l'Oven out."
WO: "Laura, could you scan the debris from those enemy concordats as well as the debris left by any allied ships. There might be some useful equipment left that isn't too badly damaged. If you find any, use the tractorbeams to get it on board."
SO: "Sure thing, Sarah."
WO: "Helm, that allied concordat looks like it's gonna ram that concordat leftover into the other one. Get us out of the blast radius and then out of the battlefield to a relatively safe area. We've sustained enough damage as it is.
Helm: "Yes Ma'am."
WO: "Right then. I'm engaging the cloak... Cloak has been activated."
Bogg: "You think I should say something to the crew?"
WO: "That might be a good idea."
Bogg: "Very well, Mr. Leetdude, broadcast this message to all parts of the ship. "Attention to all hands, this is your captain speaking. We've sustained some heavy damage and taken a lot of casualties, but we're still here, and as soon as repairs have been completed. So the faster you work, the sooner we'll make them regret having crossed us. Bogg out."

Actions:
-Activate EMH to provide medical attention to No1.
-Transfer power from port shields to starboard shields to compensate for losses.
-Set PA to AFD.
-Use Security Station forcefields to temporarily seal the hullbreaches.
-Evacuate the breached sections.
-Transfer ship operations to secondary bridge.
-Bogg donates blood to No1 and MD performs surgery on her.
-Return all fighters to the ship.
-Stop leaking fuel.
-All non-essential systems are going offline and power on evacuated decks is completely shut down (forcefields are the only exception).
-Ship components that are too badly damaged for immediate repair are disconnected from the main power supply to reduce the risk of damaging other systems.
-All weapons, except for the particle array, AFD, AMD and tractorbeams, are powered down.
-PA and AFD take care of any fighters that come too close. AMD takes care of any incoming projectiles.
-All 3 Fusion Drives are disconnected from the PPP8's and attached to the main power supply to compensate for powerlosses and to enhance the structural integrity of the hull. Once completed, damaged systems are to be repaired; priority is given to life support and engine power.
-MC is in control of MASH and ADCT and works together with engineering to speed up repairs. ADCT that are not used in engineering, are to seal the hullbreaches. MASH teams take care of injured people and get them back to work as soon as possible. Normal (combat) troops help out ADCT and MASH teams to speed up their jobs.
-WC and returned pilots search the ship for wounded that haven't ben able to get to a MASH unit.
-SO is to scan both enemy and allied debris for not too badly damaged, but still functioning equipment.
-Helm is to move the ship out of the immediate battlezone (and blast radius caused by Fluffie's action) to a relatively safe position.
-Engage the cloaking device to hide the ship until repairs have sufficiently progressed.
-Bogg speaks to crew in an attempt to lift their spirits and motivate them into working harder.
Actions noted
EMH activated
PA to AFD
ship under repair
fighters return to ship
ship moves away from battle
cloaking device engaged

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote