View Single Post
Unread 4 Jul 2012, 09:11   #217
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Jagex - Ominously silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
I wholeheartedly agree, and I believe I made my opinion quite clear in the talks.
I gave my word that the details of the conversations were to be confidential, and I have a nasty habit of keeping my word. That said, it's fair to wonder if I really got any details what so ever. I CAN say I feel sorry for Appocomaster, for the entire PaTeam, for the game and the community, and I am confident that all parties would have been better off with a more active owner these past years. All I can do is hope that "the plans" will be revealed at some point, and, of course, set in motion, whatever they are.

Without knowing any details, and I really don't know any details, I am not sure there actually IS "a plan", although I believe there is the INTENTION of assembling one. I personally believe, not based on anything in particular, that they purchased PA a bit too quickly, not being quite ready for it, and have since never quite gotten around to it.
And I stand by my words that I feel it's appalling and highly unprofessional to simply stop communicating with a community just because one can't promise something 100%. I think it's a monumental failure to NOT include the loyal community in the process of making such a plan, and I am very surprised that a big company like Jagex makes such a huge mistake.
Maybe they are too big though, maybe they are TOO professional, to run PA I mean. Maybe it's a bit too many meetings, maybe there a few too many minds at work, with too little ability to agree on things and actually get them done, I don't know. I guess I've seen too much "democracy" some times, and prefer having a strong person with a clear vision to simply call the shots accordingly. I don't know.

I am very glad I made contact though, as I think I have forced the issue of Planetarion, and there is definitely a clock ticking on both sides now, in the community and in Jagex. Or at least I hope so...
I really thank you for your efforts Spinner, in getting in touch with the company that owns Planetarion, and I really hope they will take to heart what you have been saying in this thread.

I wholeheartedly agree that this is an extremly frustrating process, after we yet again get an owner who has mostly ignored the game bar a few techincal changes to start with, that was fully needed since the game changed owners. I find it extremly difficult to motivate myself as a volunteer for the game with all this insecurity about what is going on with the game and I am seriously considering quitting my involvement with PA in total.

PA has given me so much on a personal level, that I really feel its heartbreaking to see it in its current state, unloved, unwanted, and really really shoved deep into a dark drawer. But my sentiment to the game can only keep me to the game for that long. It comes a time where you just gotta take some time to reflect on what PA really is for you, and if you can have the same fun times without the game as you can with.

Information is SOOOO important to EVERY online game, the need for information for the players and everyone involved is so desperatly needed, that I bring myself to question if the owners really do care.

Then again, some might argue that the current enviroment in PA is so filled with distrust, dislike and hate towards both the game, owners and the volunteers, that it is difficult to go into this game with changes without getting large amounts of trollingposts and unconstructive critisisms. I do however feel that this is something the owners are fully at fault for themselves, if they had kept promises of regular information, if they had kept the deadlines themselves set, they might have had a community with more goodwill than they currently have.