Thread: restrictions
View Single Post
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 20:25   #27
Floydian

Floydian will become famous soon enoughFloydian will become famous soon enough
Re: restrictions

On the whole I agree with Jerome. Especially the parts about allowing a more free for all atmosphere. A war game stops being a war game when there's so many rules, regulations and 'features' stifling any kind of fluid gameplay.
Of course there'll be alliances or players who at some point will be disapointed, but hey - you can't (and shouldn't) really avoid that in a war game, it's what keeps things interesting.

As for the issue on PA being a 'family game'*, I do actually believe theres a fair amount of potential in the younger market, I've only recently come over to this game from another tick based war game after a very long break from here - and there was a sizable amount of younger kids around the 13-16 age group there playing actively in the top and bottom rankings. One reason being as they could log in in lunch breaks at school, or in-between lessons allowing them to still play pretty actively. It looks like free accounts have had a pretty nifty boost so thats definately a start.

*That kinda makes me cringe, this is about as far away from a family game as you can get. Sitting at a computer at 3AM to launch ships isn't exactly fun the whole family can enjoy. I guess our understanding of what makes a family game differ.
Floydian is offline   Reply With Quote