Thread: restrictions
View Single Post
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 17:28   #18
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: restrictions

I've pruned this thread as it was getting out of hand. I apoligise for the heavy handedness in some cases and I'll take up some of the mentioned issues in pm.

Whilst the point was raised poorly, it's still valid.
It mainly addresses the way that the game is constructed, and its target audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer
allow usage of;

using ' or some other stuff in r/p's.
Can't for security reasons.
Quote:
using [] in gal names.
I think the issue is that by default the code uses the same thing to strip characters out of the names. [ ] are therefore removed to stop confusion with protection in planet / ruler names. It might be possible to change this.

Quote:
humour.
You're mistaking humour for swearing / "mock" prejudice, which often doesn't carry well online.
Quote:
swearing, pa isn't a family game
Debatable, but I know that many of the "non GD" area of the game object to the majority of swearing.

Quote:
go back to free for all alliance/gal score rules. alliance jumping is a valid tactic, this is a war game.
same with gals. it's only fair
This is a gameplay issue, as mentioned above.

Quote:
stop this donation limit to alliance fund, that's beyond annoying and retarded - there is no support planet rule anymore, so this should be fine to do

and probably a whole lot of other stuff i can't think of right now. BASICALLY what i am hinting at is: make planetarion as open-ended as possible (and yes, i know most of my suggestions aren't really gameplay related)
Basically what you're saying is that anything should go? anything allowed by the rough game mechanics should work, instead of patching what many of the community percieve to be "cheating" (e.g. keeping artificially low value by keeping ships in production over the tick a few rounds ago)?

Edit: I do appreciate the irony of me totally modding this thread considering its topic.

Last edited by Appocomaster; 20 Feb 2007 at 17:46.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote