View Single Post
Unread 13 May 2014, 00:36   #2
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Cluster Alliances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connovar View Post
This havoc has presented an interesting potential path (once trodden!) to try for the game.

How would it be to remove exile function altogether, and only allow people to join a cluster alliance?

The idea behind this essentially is to force people to play with who they land up with - teach new players how to improve/learn the game, or suck.

Mix the community up a bit and avoid stagnation every round.

All the best players are being polarised into the best alliances so this would be an interesting wildcard that would make this game a lot more interesting each round.

I know people want to play with their friends, but something radical has to change if the game is to grow. I'd also like shorter rounds and also suggest adding anything which reduces the amount of time this game sucks up. Just a brain fart.

Thoughts?
I enjoyed events like the xmas rounds where you were in a cluster alliance and I got to mingle with folk I wouldn't meet if they weren't in my galaxy or alliance tag.

Havoc has been similar to this aswell.

IF the whole PA community was responsible This would be a good thing, However...

This would give the means out of tag defence and out of galaxy defence and would then create a demand for "Support Planets" That would then polute the quality of the playerbase you know the planets that never come on to the galaxy channel and mingle with your fellow galaxy mates... after all who wants inactive gal mates. Because one alliance has support planets this tends to create a keeping up with the jones mentality. (Round r15 vsh planets anyone?)