View Single Post
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 12:50   #38
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Shortening Prelaunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
don't have to remove it all together, but make it a couple of hours less wouldn't hurt imo. What people in my opinion don't understand is that even tho it makes life alot easier for the attackers it makes it even more hard for the defenders. As most of the people on here know it's the small players that most often get attacked and surely with the use of prelaunch. Those players can't/won't get on at 3 at night so they are bashed. However if those incs turn up at 23:00 they might actually be able to do something about it.
and for the record i use prelaunch aswell
The key thing is that most players, especially in smaller alliances, enjoy attacking more than defending. Naturally there are some exceptions, but those are the ones that prove the rule.

Are you sure that it's the small players who get most often attacked? Looking on Sandmans at who got roided the most (ticks-wise, not roids lost), it's fairly evenly spread between top 500 players and bottom 1000 players.
http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=rankpla...ed&order2=DESC
I'd say that likelihood of being roided depends on your galaxy, not on your activity.

Quote:
Also instead of blaming alliances like TGV for killing the game have you actually ever thought about it from a small alliance point of view? instead of simply your own?
Small alliances will now ALWAYS get MASS incs in the middle of the night due to prelaunch which they will need to def against but they simply can't as they lack the activity at those times. now you might think prelaunch is all good and it is from an attacking point of view. However from a defensive point of view it's far far worse and for smaller and more inactive people it makes their lives alot harder.
Quotes from smaller alliances:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogg - SiN
I like the long prelaunch in all honesty. When I have to work an entire day (which happens once a week) I like to put my fleet in prelaunch, forgot it twice and paid the price for it. But 11 hours barely makes it, when I get home I sometimes only have 1 tick of prelaunch left, so shortening it, no thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo - ROCK
if it aint broken dont try fixing it
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbeule - NwA
this will have bad effects on the so called smaller alliances or "prelaunch-masters". Some alliances do depend on this and would love to see it extended (i.e. +14 or +16 even)
shortening the prelaunch will mean smaller alliances dying will mean less players. if you want to go this way - do it and you will see players quitting.
Just a selection out of the smaller alliances (by activity level).

Quote:
For me personally i can't care much as i'll get my share of incomings anyways. So i'm not saying this for myself. Think about that
I'm sure you will, and I'm sure that you are. However, I think you're wrong.