View Single Post
Unread 3 Jan 2007, 20:26   #41
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 2007: A Cultural Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
From the point of view of "justice" I'd consider Saddam's death as perfectly acceptable. Whether or not it somehow further corrupts our moral sense of righteousness and increases our bloodlust or something is a different question.
I don't really see how having him executed was acceptable justice, but that's because of my views on capital (i almost wrote corporal then lololo) punishment. Once he's dead he's unlikely to care about his crimes, or repent for them*.

In fact, being completely naive here, but isn't he Muslim and so therefore is of the view that he is going onto a better place? I'm obviously lumping him into the "he killed people just like those suicide bomber chaps and that was their mentality!" generalisation there, which is very simplistic, but I don't know what his religious orientation or views were.

A "just" punishment, in my view, would just be to give him a cell and the most mundane, dull existence possible. I wouldn't be able to cope with prison simply because I need my mind to be active. I can last for hours on my own thinking about things (NHS hospital waiting rooms will do that to you!) but I need human interaction too. Being killed for some horrible crime I've done would seem like a bit of an easy way out, rather than 50 or so years sitting on my own looking at the same patch of wall.

*(although who knows, now there's this funky proof that there's life after death?! i'm glad i found that out before I snuffed it!).