View Single Post
Unread 5 Jul 2018, 12:00   #20
Atilla

Atilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura about
Re: Remove EXP or nerf it to oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Not building a certain type of ship is not abuse.
Its like saying theif spammers round 2 was abusing the steal ships, or Roman Fortress and the other laser turret spammers round 3 were abusing PDS.

By that logic def planets is abusers as they dont build attack ship.

What i meant by abuse is when people kept initating roids with the intend to give away, so they could get def XP and when someone effectively stopped someone from winning by asking another top planet to attack them the last tick, they would not defend, for a massive XP gain.
Sorry was a bit poorly written by me, i did not mean that the XP planets playing now are abusing anything (havnt been made aware if they are or not). As they are only using a mechanic as intended. My gripes is with how powerful that mechanic is compared with other mechanics. With the stats we have now you have to play XP or you will be left behind, value players have no way of getting into the round, no way of catching up, no way of staying competitive. And remember this round also have seen a massive resources gain with quests, so value has even had benefits which should highlight how effective XP is if stats are just slightly skewed in its favour.

I am arguing that XP if it stays should be rebalanced and have a mechanic that can also remove score such as a value planet can as their score is reflected mostly by value.

As for the abuse, its a mechanic that has been easy to be abused in the past, and could probably be abused in some way in the future.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote