View Single Post
Unread 3 Mar 2013, 22:17   #10
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: not-quite-JBG's r51 stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
1) A lot. At the time it was thought to be the last round of PA, so a lot of people came out of hiding. See the "Who we were" thread that I linked in the OP. Do a Ctrl+F for "last round". 1628 planets at round end, of which 830 were in alliances with more than 40 players in them.
2) The politics. Ascendancy vs. Omen.

I know i could find the numbers answer somewhere but i also knew you would know exactly where to look and that seemed the quicker option :P

I genuinely am not fussed what set of stats get used for a round as i still feel they hold very little sway on a round anyway, yes they can help stagnation if overly defensive but in general it is the alliances picking strats that help that cause the most.

I just wanted to play devils advocate, if thats the correct term, to the 'round 30' fan club by making the arguement that the players and politics were the deciding factor in the greatness of that round and not the stat set that was used. I worry that this set is too defensive by nature and would need a proper overhaul to take it away from that, which mz has stated is not his intention (and i dont think it should be), lets just not all get a 'semi' on at the prospect of rd 51 ok? we still have the same retards running the alliances in play, making the same fails every round.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote