View Single Post
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 16:37   #238
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Double Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Stop trolling.
Read the post again and work out WHICH one i was actually pointing out wasnt an insult.
got it? - yup i was pointing out that mazz's post couldnt be considered an insult.
In fairness i should probably have quoted them both instead of just the one made by kargool so i can see how you got confused.
It isnt , however trolling by a long stretch of the imagination.
Quote:
Without meaning to be rude Phil, I find it amazing, looking from your posts now, that you used to be PA Team

(especially with your insults to the PA Team just now saying they "have no backbone" and similar - christ, you sound like a reporter from The Sun)
meant or not, you are being, and to be blunt it does look almost intentional.
Remember it was you who started this thread, with all its inflammatory goodness in the one place which was likely to explode to its prescence before it was moved to PD.
You arent stupid enough to do it by accident, therefore posting it in AD was purposeful.
You were the one who specifically worded it to sound accusational in a 'holier then thou' way, you cant complain when people rise up and challenge it. Neither can you complain when 1up had a go at you since you singled them out and refused to provide another example since the 1up one was the first which came off the top of your head.

You are equally to blame as the rest of the posters here for how this thread has turned out - stop trying to claim the moral high ground on it.

As for the backbone comments - are you saying that people arent allowed to voice their opinions now?
Those are mine, like it or not. The actions of pateam have pretty much decided them all on their own.
Dont forget for the longest time i actually defended them from the raging hoards on these forums, regardless of how silly they were being purely because i knew what it was like in that position. There is a finite limit to how far anyone can defend their actions - and with these recent debacles that line has been crossed for me.

Quote:
In summary (I hope this thread, as messy as it's become) it seems that the PA Community would like:

1. Some sort of clarification on this "support planets rule". Something like "gives the alliance an unfair benefit" isn't quantifiable and is difficult to prove. People can weasel out of it by arguing. There needs to be concrete rules people can't argue with. It also lets us know where we stand - as these scanners/covoppers weren't expecting to be closed. If the rules are concrete we all know what is and isn't allowed.
Yes, and any rules need to eliminate loopholes and ambiguity since its only a matter of time before someone tries to bend them.
a list of what is permitted might actually be easier - a whitelist solution instead of a blacklist solution since it would eliminate any possible future abuses. - aint on the list , it aint allowed.
Quote:
2. A removal of the alliance page. I actually quite like checking it now and again to see how my alliance is doing alongside others. I can see how it is ruining some of the game though. Even keeping just a list of the alliances with their ranks, with everything else hidden, would have alliances trying to look weaker than they are. Maybe it would be better to revert back to how it was.

So - any response from PA Team on this...?
Agreed, lokkens suggestion was a rather good one. However it would probably be more fruitful to put those suggestions in their own thread on the suggestions forum. I know i wouldnt like to dig my way through this thread to find them