View Single Post
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 15:03   #225
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Double Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I think it's more that 1up have a better grasp of the English language and reading through the rules than some of the other HC (due to them being foreign).
You'd be hard pushed to find any alliance without a native English speaker who isn't more than competent when it comes to PA.

Quote:
So before you try to twist a rule or find a loophole in it (using the small planets joining tag to keep score down as an example) you check the rules, ensure that you can work your way around the wording, and then put it to the team.
Surely you mean find an enterprising solution using a perfectly valid tactic rather than "twisting a rule" or "finding a loophole". Remember what you conceded last night about how you word things. You're getting dangerously close now to just sounding like another 1up basher.

Quote:
There's also the fact you check with the team beforehand to see if it's ok. I suspect that if you hadn't done that, and had implemented it without asking, we'd have seen them closed (and then perhaps reopened following investigation) for breaking the rules.
How dare we make sure we're acting in the best interests of the game before following a strategy. You make it sound like this is a bad thing. I'm not sure what point your making here or what supposition this "fact" is supposed to support.

Quote:
I don't think it's "favouritism" - that's silly. It's more that you have a good relationship with the PA Team and can argue your case better where there is any kind of ambiguity.
Where is the ambiguity and relationship? You're trying to find something that isn't there:

Me: can we do X
PATeam: yes
Me: cool, just wanted to make sure

Thats as far as it went. No arguing, no clever wording and no ambiguity.

Quote:
Which is why we need rules to be concrete and standard - so we all know where we stand. So there shouldn't be a need to argue with the MH/PATeam.
Like I said. We asked a simple yes/no question and got an answer in return. You won't find any preferential treatment, clever wording or conspiricy anywhere near this mate. What you will find is an alliance thinking outside the box and behaving in a proper fashion with respect to the game and the rules.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters