View Single Post
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 13:44   #218
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double Standards

The point is that the multihunter can't prove that a planet covert opping a specific alliance is a support planet for another specific alliance. The reasons a person might have for covert opping one single alliance can be strategic, or purely out of hate towards said alliance. No rule is being broken. The fact that another alliance benefits from one planet covert opping one alliance repeatedly is merely a side effect, but there is no way to make a case of "support planet" against him.
Now, if a planet out of tag scans for one specific alliance, it could be deemed a support planet. But such rule has never been enforced. Nobody closed an account for being out of tag and scanning for a specific alliance in the last rounds, and if you start applying it now, you should close all scanners out of tag. But to be fair, you should give a warning first and give time for the alliances to adapt to this change.
So what is the proof that a specific planet is a support planet? The fact that he scans for other people AND over xx % of his covert ops are targetted at one specific alliance? That would be restricting a planet to play a game according to what the multihunter wants, and not how he likes to play

Last edited by Gio2k; 24 Jul 2006 at 14:27.